I first started playing with this Vitamin C Facial Mask recipe back in 2013 when I was sent some samples from Detox Your World to play with. I used three of the samples to make some pumpkin chocolate cups and I reserved the Camu Camu Powder for a face mask.
Camu Camu is one of the highest concentrated forms of Vitamin C in the world and so it is usually used in a way to boost immunity.
What most people tend to forget, though, is that Vitamin C is an excellent resource for your skin, as well.
And given my skin type (both acne and eczema prone) it was important to me that I created a gentle Vitamin C mark that my sensitive skin could handle.
I found that the raw honey mixed well with the camu camu powder, making both a soothing and rejuvenating face max.
I’ll go over the reasons why I love camu camu and raw honey together in my skin care routine, but you can just jump ahead to the recipe if you want to get started on your homemade Vitamin C Facial Mask.
Vitamin C benefits for the skin
My favorite skincare ingredient is Vitamin C because it sloughs away dead skin cells almost like a chemical peel… but gentle and all natural.
It’s especially good for acne prone skin because it helps keep the pores clean. And now that I’m in my 30s and my combination skin is not exuding the radiance it once did, I also love Vitamin C for its regenerative properties as well.
My favorite benefits for the skin are:
- Boost collagen production. Increasing collagen production improves the elasticity of the skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- Help the skin repair itself. All the extra collagen and antioxidants that Vitamin C has helps the skin repair itself against environmental damage… aka aging.
- Brightens dark spots and uneven skin tone. If you’ve got dull skin or dark spots, then a Vitamin C mask can brighten up your skin tone for a fresh radiance.
- Fights free radicals with its antioxidant properties. Not only does the antioxidant help repair damage, but it also helps prevent further damage.
While Vitamin C seems to tackle every skin concern that you may have, it may be harsh for sensitive skin alone. That’s exactly why I like combining it with raw honey.
Raw honey benefits for the skin
My Vitamin C mask pairs with raw honey for a beautiful skin-sweeping face mask. Raw honey is a powerhouse on the skin and has equally impressive benefits for the skin.
- moisturize and soften the skin
- fight infection (including acne) because of its antibacterial properties
- brighten the skin with the natural antioxidants, fighting free radicals
Combine these two products in a matter of seconds for a fabulous home-spa experience.
Vitamin C Mask Recipe
- Mix Vitamin C powder, raw honey, and aloe vera in a small dish until a paste forms.
- Spread onto your face and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Wipe away with a warm, damp washcloth.
- I spritzed my face with my lavender and sea salt tonic for fresh skin, all day.
It is super easy to make homemade masks, just take a look around your kitchen for inspiration for your next relaxing mask.
After my morning workout I spread this quick mixture onto my clean skin (I washed with warm water after my workout) and let it do its thang while I got my stuff ready for a shower. Of course, I stopped to snap a pic of myself … I can’t resist documenting my homemade projects!