As a blogger for a raw food lifestyle, most people assume that I am 100% raw and 100% for everyone being raw, as well. That is not true. When I first transitioned this was certainly the case. I drove people crazy with my newfound obsession and shared articles and links like it was my job. However, after several years in this lifestyle I’m realizing that for some it causes more stress than good.
While I do believe that a fully raw lifestyle filled with fruits and veggies is the best and most healthful approach to food, I also truly believe that one’s own happiness is an even greater factor to health.
So what’s a person to do?
- Eat as naturally as possible, i.e. avoid processed stuff and go for simple and real food instead.
- Eat as organically as possible and preferably locally grown produce.
- Make sure to eat more raw than cooked food and more plants than animals.
- Change your diet slowly and never force yourself to do something for which you’re not yet ready.
- Keep a food diary to find out what makes you feel and look better and what does not.
- Walk 10,000 steps every day.
- Use common sense!