It seems like every holiday season there is a plate of fudge waiting to be devoured. When I was in high school I felt like it was my calling to consume as much fudge as possible for fear that I wouldn’t see it again until the next holiday season.
Well, many stomach aches and lots of sugary headaches later, I finally gave up on fudge.
I’ve seen this
kind of recipe floating around Tumblr for years now with this same variation of ingredients .. usually it’s with peanut butter and usually it’s with honey. This recipe is so ubiquitous that I feel weird even posting it here .. but I also think it’s a bit cruel to post pictures without a recipe 🙂
This is like a healthier, nuttier version of fudge. It’s not exactly what I was going for and so I’ll be playing with the fudge idea a bit more this year, but I thought I’d share it with you anyway because it was still a delicious treat. It’s like eating chocolatey almond butter squares that is a bit reminiscent of fudge. It’s quick, it’s easy, and the ingredients really aren’t all that unique so if you’ve been playing with raw food or raw desserts then you likely already have all these ingredients in your kitchen.
merry merry merry!
Almond Butter Fudge
- Bring everything to room temperature to allow for easy mixing.
- Put the wet ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Sift the cacao powder to remove clumps and mix into the wet ingredients.
- Once everything is smooth, pour into a baking dish lined with plastic wrap.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours to harden.
- Serve cool, it will melt if it is out for too long.
- Cacao nibs
- Cacao powder
- Fresh fruit
YUM! Enjoy and let me know what you think 🙂
**disclosure: if you purchase anything I link to you via Amazon I make a small percentage out of it at no cost to you! So cool for me, so cool for you!