Chocolate Birthday Cake
For the chocolate base:
- 1 cup dry buckwheat
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3-4 medjool dates, soaked and pitted
For the chocolate filling:
- 1 cup medjool dates, soaked and pitted
- 2 T cacao powder
- 2-4 T water, as needed
- 1/4 t vanilla
- 15-20 strawberries
- Grind the buckwheat in a food processor, blender or mini chopper** until a powder forms.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Process the dates with a couple tablespoons of the soak water until a paste forms and add to the bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until a dough is formed. I used my hands to mix.
- Press down into a pie dish until evenly distributed.
- Place the ingredients in a food processor, blender or mini chopper** and process until a paste forms. Spread over the top of your crust.
- After washing and coring, slice the strawberries and arrange in a pretty pattern.