Carob Mousse Pie
makes 2 small
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dates, soaked and peeled
For the filling:
- 1 coconut, meat only
- 2 T reserved coconut water (as needed)
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1 cup dates, soaked and peeled
- 2 T coconut butter
- 1/4 t vanilla bean powder (about a half to a whole bean)
- 1/8 t sea salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- Whirl these in a food processor until a sticky dough is formed, though still chunky.
- Press into the bottom of your dish.
- Combine everything in a high speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Keep it thick as there is no key ingredient in this to keep it “set” if you add too much liquid.
- If your blender does not have a stopper to push the ingredients down toward the blade, and/or cannot handle a heavy blend, then use your food processor. Pour over the top of the crust.