- they are easy to make.
- they are easy to eat.
- they are usually delicious.
- Scrape the meat out of a coconut and put in the food processor. Process until completely smooth and a butter is almost formed (5-7 minutes).
- Scrape down the sides as you go.
- Add the coconut butter and maple syrup and process until smooth and incorporated.
- Dump contents into a bowl and add the coconut shreds.
- Mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Next roll about a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball and place on a flat tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once everything is used up, pop them into a fridge or freezer and allow them to harden.
1/4 t vanilla
- First, make sure everything you are using is completely dry. Any amount of water will cause the chocolate to seize. Also, make sure everything is room temperature. If anything is cold it will cause the chocolate to harden a bit and may make it difficult to create a smooth sauce.
- Place everything in a small bowl and, using a fork, mix everything until well incorporated.
- Using a toothpick, stick the coconut balls onto the end dip into the chocolate until covered.
- Scrape off any excess chocolate and let the chocolate harden just a bit.
- Then roll them, gently, in the topping of your choice.
- Place back onto the parchment paper.
- Once they are all done, place in the fridge to harden.