I owe you all an enormous apology. Huge. It is almost unforgivable, what I’ve done: I’ve forgotten to post the recipe to this epic cake.
I made this delicious cake for my parents when they were visiting in June. I was so excited to share this with them that I completely forgot to then write everything down and share it with YOU! I posted these pictures on my Instagram and after quite a few requests for the recipe I finally realized … oh-my-God-I-haven’t-even-posted-it-yet.
Well here it is, in all its fabulousness …
- Place everything into a food processor and process until sticky, but not pastey.
- Dump the contents into a springform pan and press down until flat and even.
- I used a 6″ springform pan, you can adjust the ingredients according to the size of your pan.
- Next, place your sliced strawberries standing along the edge of the crust to create a border (see picture above)
- Use any remaining sliced strawberries to line the top of the crust, to be covered by the coconut cream.
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Use about a cup of the reserved coconut water and add to the blender.
- Blend until completely incorporated, using the tamper to press down the ingredients toward the blade. (a Vitamix rocks in a recipe like this)
- Add water only if needed. The thicker it is the easier it sets in the fridge, though liquid may be needed to facilitate blending.
- Pour the contents into your springform pan lined with the crust and strawberries.
- Use a spatula to spread the cream until the sides are filled and the contents are even.
- Place in the fridge to set while you work on the chocolate.
- Place all of the ingredients, save the water, in a food processor and process until a sauce is formed.
- Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the water a tablespoon at a time until a thick and spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Pour over the top of the coconut cream layer.
- Refrigerate to set, overnight.