Growing up I always enjoyed a large glass of milk with every meal. Breakfast and milk. Lunch and milk. Dinner and milk. I didn’t even grow up in the midwest. Now, I still enjoy mylk, but this mylk is GOOD for you, delicious, creamy, and almost like a dessert.
I am so so excited to bring to you the simplest yet most divine recipe for any mylk I have ever tasted. Aside from Macadamia nuts (which sparks my interest in the mylk category…hmmm) hazelnuts really are one of my favorite nuts. They are so rich and creamy and sweet and absolutely perfect. I may never go back to almonds when I’m makin’ my mylks …
RAW Hazelnut Mylk
- 1 cup soaked hazelnuts
- 3 large dates, soaked for 15 minutes
- 1 vanilla bean
- 32 oz. pure, fresh coconut water (5-8 young coconuts)
- a pinch of sea salt
- Drain the hazelnuts and put everything in the blender.
- Blend until completely creamy and frothy.
- Pour into a nut mylk bag (over a bowl) and using your hands, squeeze out the mylk.
- Store in the fridge.