In honor of St. Patrick’s Day I made a to-die-for all raw key lime cheesecake.
RAW Key Lime Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (raw, unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 dates, pitted
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for about 30 minutes)
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut water (or plain)
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil/butter
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- (1/2 teaspoon of spirulina if you want a more vibrant green)
For the crust:
- Put the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbly and sticking together a bit.
- Dump the contents into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan and press down until the entire bottom is evenly covered.
- Place in freezer until you are ready to pour the filling on top.
For the filling:
- Place everything save the coconut, vanilla, and salt into a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is incorporated, but do not over blend.
- Pour the filling atop the crust and then place the pie into the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Move to the frig and keep there until ready to eat.
I noticed that it got tastier as time passed. The next day and even the second day it was best, though I doubt you can wait that long.
It is so sweet and creamy and soft with just the right amount of lime-y taste. Divine. I could eat the entire thing in one sitting.
Can you use almonds instead of the other nuts? 🙂
Hmm that's a great question! I love almonds and I love that they are so full of nutrients. You can try it, and I think that any nut will provide a thick consistency, but I'm not quite sure how it will compare to the cashews. The cashews turn very creamy and provide such a light flavor that you can manipulate it into almost anything you want! Almonds have a distinct "nutty" taste, are darker, and may have a different consistency … though it may still be an excellent option! Give it a try, and then come back here and let me know!! I will have to try it out as well so I can have definitive alternatives for you!
I LOVE this dessert. I made it for my husband and I a while back, and whenever I ask him what he would like me to make he says the Key Lime Pie 🙂
oh my goodness this makes me so happy!! Isn't it just delicious?? My husband loves it too, it's a raw version of his favorite dish. Thanks for sharing!!
UPSC IES ISS Result 2018
SPMCIL Safety Officer Recruitment 2018
IPPB Admit Card 2018
HPPSC HDO Admit Card 2018
DSSSB TGT PGT Admit Card 2018
Ammunition Factory Khadki Apprentice Recruitment 2018
BSPHCL Junior Accounts Clerk Recruitment 2018
JKPSC MO Recruitment 2018
NPCIL Assistant Grade 1 Recruitment 2018
Jaipur Metro Recruitment 2018
NIRDPR Project Scientist Recruitment 2018
NPCIL Assistant Admit Card 2018
PGIMS Rohtak Recruitment 2018
Gramin Vikas Sansthan Recruitment 2018
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2018
NHM Assam Physiotherapist Recruitment 2018
NHM Nabarangpur Recruitment 2018
Allahabad University Recruitment 2018
CMD Kerala Block Coordinator Recruitment 2018
SSC Junior Hindi Translator Recruitment 2018
DLW Varanasi Recruitment 2018
Belagavi District Court Admit Card 2018
ICSSR LDC Admit Card 2018
HPPSC Ayurvedic Medical Officer Recruitment2018
TNPSC Junor InspectorRecruitment 2018
NIPCCD Research Assistant Admit Card 2018
CIPET Assistant Technical Officer Recruitment 2018
Mahatribal School Recruitment 2018
AP DSC Teacher Recruitment 2018
Sikkim PSC ADO Admit Card 2018
MSRDC Deputy Engineer Admit Card 2018
KDRB Office Attendant Admit Card 2018
Arunachal Pradesh PSC APCS Admit Card 2018
TN Labour Office Assistant Admit Card 2018