I have been playing with this idea for quite some time but I never brought it to life because I can’t bear to part with a juicy ripe mango without first devouring it and I can’t handle the thought of not eating coconut meat straight from the coconut.
Finally, I did it anyway. And BOY am I glad I did. This was so simple and pretty easy and was THE BEST raw wrap I’ve ever had. Even my hubby loved it and he hates anything that comes from the dehydrator! (#hashtaghubbyapproved)
If you do not have a dehydrator then my heart aches for you only because you will not be able to make this. I do not think a dehydrator is worth the money in a raw kitchen .. sure, it’s a neat gadget but most of the food coming out of it isn’t that great and isn’t truly fresh and raw like I believe in, anyway. Every once in awhile, though, I get my money’s worth. It’s usually in the form of kale chips. This time it was a wrap.
- 1 juice mango
- 1 cup young coconut meat
- handful fresh basil
- Add the mango to your high speed blender.
- Take your coconut meat and chop it up finely (this helps the blender) and add to the blender.
- Blend on low to incorporate the ingredients.
- Increase the speed and use your tamper to push the ingredients down.
- Blend on high until everything is completely smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Cut your fresh basil chiffonade style and add to the mango-coconut mixture.
- Stir everything together and then spread onto a Teflex sheet for the dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees until dried but still flexible.
- Peel off the liner and use as a wrap!