The first time I published a pecan pie on this blog was when I first got into raw foods. I used cashews and regular maple syrup in everything. What’s not to love?
It’s absolutely delicious and that original recipe (and photos!) for my raw vegan pecan pie cheesecake recipe is at the bottom of this post.
But I wanted to try something a little different this time around, to lighten things up a bit. In this new recipe, I use bananas instead of medjool dates in the feeling to give a lighter texture, like a creamy cheesecake.
So you get two absolutely delicious no bake pecan pie recipes. Jump ahead to either recipe below, I’m going to go through a few considerations up here.
What to add to your no bake pecan pie cheesecake
- Vegan whipped cream. Traditional pecan pie is served with some kind of whipped cream. Rather than use whipping cream and cream cheese, try my vegan coconut whipped cream recipe to top this pecan pie.
- Natural sweeteners. I like using medjool dates because they are sweet and caramelly, which is perfect for replicating the sticky brown sugar and corn syrup filling in traditional pecan pie. If you like that too, then try my original recipe. Otherwise, give this newer lighter recipe a try and see how you like it.
- Toppings. I like adding whole or chopped pecans, either raw pecans or candied pecans depending on who I’m serving. (I vote candied pecans)
How to make a healthy vegan no bake pecan pie
Add pecan nuts, pitted dates and spices to the food processor.
Process it until chunks are sticking together but still crumbly.
Press this down into a pie dish 8-9 inch.
Grind soaked cashew then blend all the other ingredients until smooth.
Spread onto your crust and arrange the pecans on top.
Put in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
No Bake Pecan Pie That Won’t Weigh You Down
- Pie Dish
For the Crust
- Add pecan nuts, pitted dates and spices to the food processor.
- Process it until chunks are sticking together but still crumbly.
- Press this down into a pie dish 8-9 inch.
- Grind soaked cashew then blend all the other ingredients until smooth.
- Spread onto your crust and arrange the pecans on top.
- Put in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
My original raw vegan pecan pie recipe
My Original Raw Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe
For the Crust
For the Crust
- Put the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbly and sticking together a bit.
- Dump the contents into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan and press down until the entire bottom is evenly covered.
- Place in freezer until you are ready to pour the filling on top.
For the Filling
- Place everything save the coconut, vanilla, and salt into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is incorporated, but do not over blend.
- Pour the filling atop the crust.
- Decorate the top with halves of pecans (or however you want) and then place the pie into the freezer for 2-3 hours. Move to the fridge and keep there until ready to eat.
YUM! and it’s GOOD for you, too!! Within the first 24 hours we gave up on plates and just started taking a fork to the pie out of the pan …