I’m from California so I LOVE a good Mexican meal. Whenever I can recreate my own Mexican meal from home I am one happy girl. Tonight we had tacos with chocolate mole sauce. It was so delicious and the depth of flavor was killer. It had the perfect balance of sweet, savory, spicy, and tangy.
For this meal I placed three tortillas on my plate, lined with guacamole (avocado, garlic, onion, salt, lime juice, jalapeño), shredded romaine lettuce, homemade salsa (diced tomatoes, onions, red bell pepper, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro) and topped with chipotle spiced nuts. I added slices of avocado and drizzled chocolate mole sauce, too!
RAW Corn Buckwheat Tortillas
- 2 ears of white corn
- 1/4 cup dry buckwheat
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- First place the buckwheat into a high speed blender and blend until a powder forms.
- Put the powder/flour into a bowl and set aside.
- Scrape the kernels off the corn and pace kernels into the blender.
- Add the buckwheat flour, the olive oil, and the water. Blend until smooth.
- Make six circles on 2-3 Teflex liners, spreading out until they are the size you like. Be sure there is a fairly thick layer as thinner tortillas will fall apart once the moisture from the guac, salsa, etc. soaks into them.
- Dehydrate at 104 for 5-6 hours, peel from liner, and dehydrate until dry but still flexible. They will dehydrate about 8 hours total.
RAW Chocolate Mole Sauce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth.
Spiced Chipotle Nuts
- 1 cup almonds, soaked and chopped
- 1 handful sunflower seeds, soaked and chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- a few shakes of liquid smoke for a more bbq flavor (optional)
- Soak the nuts and seeds overnight.
- In the morning drain and chop the nuts and seeds.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto a Teflex sheet and dehydrate at 104 for 24 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the sheet the next day and spread onto the mesh layer of the dehydrating trays and continue to dehydrate at 104 for another 24 hours.
- Break apart and then store in a glass container in the fridge. Great on tacos, salads, as a snack, whatever!
**disclosure: if you purchase anything I link to you via Amazon I make a small percentage out of it at no cost to you! So cool for me, so cool for you!