We visited a U-pick farm outside the city and we were able to finally feel some fresh air and fresh vegetables. We picked a bucket full of farm fresh beefsteak tomatoes. YUM.
Out of our bounty, I made some tomato wrappers and made enchiladas out of them for lunch today. Best fiesta style lunch, ever …
Red Enchilada Wraps
- 2-3 large beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread batter out on a Teflex liner and dehydrate at 104 for about 6-8 hours, until dry but not crisp.
- No need to flip, just peel off and devour when done.
- You can cut this large square into whatever shapes or sizes to suit your cravings!
I took some of my jalapeño macademia spread and blended it with more water to make a cream … I could have blended it more because it turned out thick and chunky ..
Stuff the wrapper with anything you want. Here I used avocado and leftover homemade salsa with leftover salad (lettuce, tomatoes, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds).
The wrapper gives a sweet and tangy bite to the overall dish and is just fabulous.