I’ve been a little persimmon happy lately and so I’ve been playing with so many recipes, trying to use up all the bounty that I acquired. I got sick of persimmons as a dessert (I don’t even know how that happens) and so I decided to throw them into a salad.
I’m so glad I did, it was delicious.
- 1 head butter lettuce, chopped
- 2 fuyu persimmons, sliced
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 hichaya persimmon, very ripe
- Mix everything except the hichaya persimmon and toss.
- Process the hichaya persimmon in a processor until smooth.
- Dress your salad with the processed hichaya persimmon.
So easy. Delicious. Refreshing. YUM.
I just had my first persimmon about two weeks ago! I don't know why I never had one before. I've had 2 every week since! So delicious and now I'm tempted to try your idea of using one as dressing !
Oh my goodness I'm so happy for you!! Yes, try it as a dressing.. I think you'll like it 🙂