I wanted something to take with us on our picnic yesterday. After kayaking in the sun and playing in the water all day these things did amazing things for me.
This is a delicious snack packed with good-for-you superfoods and energy. The superfoods do amazing things for your vitality and longevity (think antioxidants and enzymes) while the sugar in the agave provides a quick pick-me-up and the fat from the nuts and nut butter provide a sustaining energy. This also is incredibly filling, so 1-2 and you’re set! Coffee? Who needs coffee?
Super Energy Bites
- 1 cup nut mylk pulp (from nut mylk)
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Throw everything into a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands until everything sticks together easily (but not mushy).
- Add and subtract what you need to reach the desired consistency.
- Form balls with your hands and refrigerate immediately.