There is nothing quite so satisfying or fresh as a bowl of zucchini noodles. Don’t believe me? That’s okay. Just give this sauce a try and you will see what I mean. A bowl of noodles can be raw AND filling AND packed with flavor. It’s amazing, hits the spot, and really is just what I need: a no-fuss meal that is deeply satisfying.
Traditional Vegan Spaghetti
- 2-3 whole zucchini spiralized
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes NOT in oil, soaked for a couple hours
- 1/2 cup tomatoes de-seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- 1 tsp chili flakes optional
- 1 bunch fresh basil, thyme or oregano
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
- fresh basil leaves
Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)
- Follow the instructions in your spiralizer manual to shred your zucchini.
- Sprinkle your freshly spiralized zoodles with sea salt and gently mix.
- Gently dump your zucchini onto a bed of paper towels or into a strainer in the sink and allow the liquid to drain for about an hour.
- Pat dry to remove excess liquid and salt, and then they are ready to use!
- Drain the sun dried tomatoes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Toss the noodles with tomato sauce and finish with fresh basil as a garnish.
**disclosure: if you purchase anything I link to you via Amazon I make a small percentage out of it at no cost to you! So cool for me, so cool for you!
I've made something like this before, but not with sun dried tomatoes. Looks amazing!
It's such a fantastic classic dish! And the sun-dried tomatoes give it such a depth of flavor 🙂
Do u think if I made it at night it wld be ok for lunch the next day?
Hi! Whenever I make zucchini noodles for the next day I wrap them in paper towels in a container so the water is absorbed. I keep the sauce separate and then mix when I'm ready to eat. Hope this helps! xo