None of that is worth the headache. Which is why I opt for my own homemade version that has very few ingredients.
Brazil Nut Mylk
- 2 cups brazil nuts
- 32 oz coconut water*
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2-4 dates (optional)
- Soak the nuts overnight in a container in the fridge.
- The next morning combine everything in your high speed blender (Vitamix is best for this stuff) and blend on high until blended and frothy.
- Into a large bowl , place your nut mylk bag and then pour the contents into the bag (over the bowl).
- Once everything is poured in, wrap one hand over the top, tightly squeezing.
- With your other hand gently squeeze the contents so the liquid can strain.
- Continue doing this until all of the liquid is squeezed out, completely.
And now, onto the smoothie …
Creamy Dreamy Green Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups homemade nut mylk
- 3-4 large leafs of kale
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1 T maca powder (optional)
- 1 t chlorella (optional)
- Place everything in your blender and blend until well-incorporated and smooth. No green chunks allowed in this one!!