Until very recently I had only one spiralizer. I bought it on a whim as I was driving across the country and after having raw noodles at a raw shop in St. Petersburg, FL. I was so impressed with the noodles that I made the investment, right then and there. I’ve been mostly satisfied with this gadget, but I’ve always wondered in the back of my mind, “but what if I want smaller noodles?”
Now that I feel like I’m officially a seasoned raw foodie (though still learning heaps everyday) and now that I have acquired a second, and qualitatively different, spiralizer, I feel like I can actually make a recommendation that I feel good about.
Here’s the breakdown:
There are far more pros than cons and for this reason I do recommend this product. I use it often and I will continue to use it even though I have a new spiralizer that I like more. The reason is because the two spiralizers perform different tasks, and they each perform them well, though I currently prefer the tasks of the other slicer (below)
- This spiralizer is great for big noodles, ribbons, and slices.
- It is great for many different shapes and sizes of veggies and is very sturdy.
- It is easy to take apart and clean.
- It has several different adjustments/inserts to customize the size and shape of the output.
- It is bulky and takes up space.
- There is no angel-hair-sized option.
Saladacco Spiral Slicer
The newest addition to my growing collection of gadgets is this fancy spiral slicer. I am obsessed and I dress up many of my salads with angel-hair-noodles from anything that can fit in the slicer.
- Compact and easy to store.
- Easy to clean.
- Angel hair pasta noodles.
- It has a nice compartment on the bottom to catch the noodles.
- You have to shorten your longer veggies in order to fit into the canister on top.
- The veggies have to be at least an inch in diameter in order to move easily.
- Crooked veggies are difficult to process.
- It only has two functions (angel hair and ribbons)
Is it ever really as easy as “this is the best”? Nope. I didn’t think so. And the same goes for spiralizers (what a world we live in that we can stress over which purchase of spiralizers is the best!) But these are important notes to keep in mind when you are making your purchase. It’s important to know these details because sometimes you are looking for something very specific.
It’s the holiday season so it seems like is as good a time as any to get yourself or some raw foodie you love a brand new slicer 🙂
**disclosure: if you purchase anything I link to you via Amazon I make a small percentage out of it at no cost to you! So cool for me, so cool for you!