If you are just budding into the raw food scene (or maybe you’re a seasoned veteran!) but you aren’t quite sure what should top your “wish list” for this holiday season, then this is a good place to start. OR .. maybe you know a budding raw foodie and you want to help them launch their path to certain health, then this list is a perfect guide for essential and affordable raw food equipment.
These gifts are on the more affordable range and make my life as a raw foodie much easier. I use these on the daily–and I’m not exaggerating–and my life would be a little bit more tedious without them. My top 3 greatest kitchen investments (from this list) to date are my Wusthof knife, which I use every single time I’m in the kitchen, my mini chopper, to make single serving dressings and sauces, and my nut mylk bag for nut mylks, juices, sprouting, and more!
- Acacia Bowl. This is a beauty and is such a treasured item in the raw food kitchen. It glams up salads and makes mealtime such a special treat. Plus, it’s a salad bowl that is actually big enough for raw foodie status salads.
- Electric Citrus Juicer. I cannot even being to tell you how dedicated raw foodies are to “pure” orange juice. For the first three years of my raw food life I had a manual citrus juicer that made juicing oranges such a chore. I recently invested in one of these guys and I’m never looking back.
- Spiral Slicer. My latest kitchen gadget is now one of my favorites. I can easily dress up any salad, or make an entire noodle dish, quickly and easily.
- Wusthof Knife. My life would not be complete without this knife. It is by far my greatest investment–even moreso than my Vitamix–and I love it. It will rock your world, or whomever it ends up with.
- Citrus Press. Many of the raw food dressings call for just a squeeze of lemon juice and this makes it easier to get the juice out quickly and efficiently.
- Mini Food Chopper. I use this almost every single day, even twice a day, to make dressings for my salads. It’s nice because it blends the ingredients but is easy to scrape everything out and easy to clean. I love my Vitamix but for small batches of mixes I prefer this gadget.
- Bamboo Cutting Board. Nothing says “eco-glam” quite like a bamboo cutting board.
- Cuppow Wide Mouth Jar Lid. I cannot even remember my life before my Cuppow products. Juice has become even more of a staple now that I have these lids in my life, making juice-on-the-go an everyday possibility.
- Nut Mylk Bag. I love my fancy juicer but I actually love this bag more. I blend my juice ingredients and strain them through the bag to produce a high quality juice. It’s extremely affordable and is a better investment than an actual juicer (in my opinion).
- Raw Food Essentials. If I had to recommend just one book to launch a raw food lifestyle then this would be the one. Most of my basic understanding has come from Ani Phyo’s RFE.
**disclosure: if you purchase anything I link to you via Amazon I make a small percentage out of it at no cost to you! So cool for me, so cool for you!