One of my favorite ways to get glowing skin is with an all natural homemade scrub.
That, plus my own face oil that’s helped me heal my eczema.
As for the facial scrub?
I’ve played with a lot of different variations of this, which I’ll go through below. This latest recipe I’m sharing here is my favorite of all of the diy face scrubs I’ve ever made.
It sleuths away dead skin cells yet leaves you feeling silky smooth. Both dry skin and oily skin can benefit from this recipe.
I’ve used this to gently remove dead skin cells without aggravating my eczema. Because I have acne prone skin, I find that exfoliating the dead skin cells regularly helps keep breakouts at bay.
This scrub recipe is my favorite natural beauty recipe, aside from my calendula infused face oil.
Let me take you on this journey of natural beauty, where we use plant ingredients to give you glowing skin.
How can I exfoliate my face naturally?
There are many natural ingredients right in your pantry that could up-level your skin care routine. Some ingredients, like lemon juice and raw honey, work like a chemical reaction, other exfoliating ingredients, like brown sugar or baking soda, scrub away dead skin with its rough texture.
Here are a few of my favorite natural ingredients for a gentle scrub recipe:
Other face scrub recipes
- Coffee scrub – mix used coffee grinds with sweet almond oil or jojoba oil and scrub your entire body; I prefer to use this as a body scrub because I find that coffee grinds a bit too rough for my face.
- Brown sugar scrub – brown sugar is an amazing face and body scrub ingredient; it is fine and gentle, making it the perfect in-case-of-emergency diy face scrub recipe.
- Raw honey and lemon juice scrub – I used to use this mixture back when my acne prone skin was a lot more inflamed; the raw honey kills bacteria and promotes healthy skin, while the lemon juice helps restore damaged skin cells.
How to make your own homemade face scrub for glowing skin
I like to use super fine pumice stone powder mixed with pink clay. I prefer sweet almond oil as the carrier oil to help nourish and cleanse the skin.
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl until a paste has formed.
You can store this in the fridge for up to a week. I like to use it on my face and body in the shower.
DIY Homemade Face Scrub For Sensitive Skin
- I like to use super fine pumice stone powder mixed with pink clay. I prefer sweet almond oil as the carrier oil to help nourish and cleanse the skin.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl until a paste has formed.
- You can store this in the fridge for up to a week. I like to use it on my face and body in the shower.