I LOVE avocados and almost any raw foodie shares the same affinity for the dreamy, creamy fruit. I usually use it as a star player in any salad or dish I prepare, relying on the full fat to bring all of the flavors together. Naturally, avocados have found a way into my pesto, as well.
Creamy Avocado Pesto
- 1 Avocado
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 handful of fresh spinach (about 2 cups)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 slices of sundried tomatoes (soaked if too hard to process)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package of Seatangle Kelp noodles
- In either a Vitamix or a food processor blend everything until perfectly dreamy and creamy (except noodles!).
- Serve over Kelp Noodles.
- For the noodles, simply put in a bowl and pour warm water cover them to loosen them up. Once your pesto is ready the noodles should be ready as well. I like to prepare this the night before and let the pesto marinate the noodles, so by lunchtime everything is wonderfully soft and creamy.
In the picture above I served with a sprinkle of Nutritional Yeast and a small side salad.
So easy and even better than carbo-loading!