This sauce is a delicious combination of fresh tomatoes, beets, herbs and spices. It is the perfect summery sauce for raw noodles and warming sauce for the winter chill.
I originally found inspiration from Fully Raw Kristina (see video below), but I changed it up based on what I had in the kitchen and what I was looking for in a sauce. It was so easy, quick, and just the tastiest sauce with a very unique flavor.
I shared this dish and it was loved by many .. It’s the perfect dish for a summery afternoon but unfortunately, most of the country is not very summery right now (unless you’re on the other side of the equator, then this is perfect for you!). It was very fitting for us because this weekend felt very summery with hot, humid, and sticky weather.
Fresh veggies hit the spot.
I originally thought that the cinnamon would be weird but it actually provided a nice warmth to the dish that balanced with the beets nicely. I served this with three spiralized zucchini, made with my newest Spiral Slicer.
Ruby Red Beet Marinara
- 1 raw beet, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- handful each of fresh basil, cilantro, oregano
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Layer the ingredients in your high speed blender as follows: tomatoes, beet, garlic, herbs, spices. This allows a vortex to form most easily (if you do not have a high speed blender then chop the beet very fine as it could damage a lower powered blender)
- Blend on high until a sauce is formed.
- Mix with veggies! Garnish with pine nuts, or any other veggie or nut.
**disclosure: if you purchase anything I link to you via Amazon I make a small percentage out of it at no cost to you! So cool for me, so cool for you!